May 11, 2014

OYGIF: New Day, New Place

This post is linked to Orange You Glad It's Friday

Orange You Glad It's Friday

And so we relocated. We packed our belongings in boxes, had them shipped door-to-door to our new place (new for the kids, old for me) days before, and traveled three hours by bus, two hours by ferry, and another two hours through towns and finally to a place in the mountains I used to call home when I was a kid. Pretty drastic move but a good change for all of us. 


This was taken on the ferry on the morning of our move. I keep this photo on my wall to remind myself of our journey, of the new memories that we're about to make and the new challenges that we're going to face . New day, new place.

13 comments:

  1. How exciting. I wish you good luck with relocation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your post is a bit depressing. I thought you're just changing address in the vicinity, i wonder what prompted your transfer. It seems like you are now in Mindoro or Romblon, hehe! I am from Batangas so am guessing. God bless to you and your family, and happy Mothers' Day! thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason is a bit complicated, yes, but it's good change for the kids. There's only one other island left, hehe. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck, good health and good fortune in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very moving post about your family's new beginning in the mountains. That photograph really captured the feeling, especially the way you did the inlay of the sunrise within the horizon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arnoldo. Blessings to you too!

      Delete
  5. Wala na kayo sa Las Pinas? I will be featuring this photo this weekend ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my thanks for the feature. :) wala na kami sa las pinas, sis in a small island in southern luzon. :)

      Delete
  6. I love this shot sis, nakakamiss tuloy ang scenery ng dagat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, yes I miss the sea too.

      Delete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!