Mar 22, 2014

Infrared Cameras

The news about the fire at Mount Banahaw got me worried. My brother called me and told me to watch the news about it. My aunt, my mother's sister, lives at Mount Banahaw, in the Sariaya, Quezon side. It was a relief to know that the fire was at the top of Mount Banahaw, but still, a forest fire is something that's unpredictable and can go any which way. My brother called my aunt and was told that they are far from fire and safe. It such a waste that though that so much of nature had been destroyed in that fire, burning 50 hectares of the forest. A number of people are believed to have been trapped in the mountain still. 

This news about the the fire leads me thinking about Infrared system or IR system which is "heat detection system for fire detection, mapping, and hotspot identification" (thanks, wiki!). Infrared cameras are also very handy during fires as it shows out hospots to the firefighters. Hunters, firefighters, and authorities are always on the lookout for the best website for an infrared camera . IR cameras shows firemen the hottest area and the least hottest areas. The fire at Mount Banahaw burned out by itself, according to news. I wonder how  infrared cameras can help in finding the trapped people in a situation like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!