Mar 31, 2014

Finding the Right Preschool for Your Child

Yes, it's summer vacation for the kids! My younger kids, Simon and Sam, had their graduation ceremony last Saturday.

Need I say that I am one proud mom. :)
When the owner of the school gave her speech, she was very emotional and couldn't help but burst into tears. That was the final graduation ceremony for the school. It would be closed and it would not open again in June. We were all sad about this unfortunate situation but there's nothing we can do. The school has not been doing well as it could not compete with all the other bigger schools in our area for a couple of years now. It's good though that they waited for the Grade VI students to graduate before they finally closed shop. 

I'm glad that I was able to find this school for Sam and Simon. It was really hard to find a good preschool. I've debated so many things in my mind before I decided on this one two years ago. If you're looking for a preschool for your child, it is every important to do a thorough research of the preschools in your area.  If you're in Colorado, for example, you get a lists of all the preschool in Thornton CO area. After you have determined a favorable location to you and your budget, you can then check out the location by visiting these preschools. I would recommend visiting first the ones that are highly recommended by friends and family. Once at the location, you can then check and ask questions regarding safety guidelines, staffing ratios, school policies, legalities and accreditation. It is very important also to observe staff/teacher and children interaction. If you feel that's something out of sorts, then it's best to forgo that certain preschool. As I've read in one the parenting website, it's good to trust your instinct and intuition in matters relating to the good of your child.  On this matter, I trusted my instinct that the best school for my kids is one that is small and only has a few students with them, and it worked out well in the end. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your boys and to you and your husband sis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!