Dec 22, 2013

Musical Shakers Made of Bottle Caps

My kids used these musical shakers during their Christmas party program. Seeing these every day brings me back to my childhood days when I used to go out with friends for Christmas carols. Do you remember this musical instrument, made only of soft drinks bottle caps and wire? How long ago was it since you've used one? 


Have you made one recently or do you just buy the ready-made musical instruments from the store? Christmas carolers are innovative these days. Yesterday, a group brought a sound system and played the CD instead and sang along with it. I'm sure the local band would be visiting on Christmas eve with their big and recently-bought  exceptional gator drums at Musicians Friend. They do that every year. So glad though that some children still used shakers like the one above. It's great also that my kids' teachers asked their students to make something like this. It's something they can use even after the Christmas party program.  

7 comments:

  1. Di uso ang caroling dito sis but this reminds me of my childhood. We used to do caroling and we use empty jugs and cans as instruments lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice nga sis, there's no caroling there. This year, here in our place, there's not as much children who went caroling. Maybe they're discouraged na because very few people are giving.

      Delete
    2. I miss doing caroling, I grew up doing that. I kind of want my kids to experience it but too bad di uso fito.

      Delete
  2. This was really common years ago. I hope more kids use this for livelier caroling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative, recycling soda bottle cover into a musical instrument. I would say only in the Philippines that we go carolling like this where we go house to house.. here in US mostly churches does it or an organization

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this brings back memories - we used to do this din haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess because there are so many bottle lids in the philippines we tend to find ways to have a music instrument during our carolling, i miss those days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!