Dec 11, 2013

Eyeglasses For My Mom

Image courtesy of ponsulak/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net  
A few months ago, I won a code for a nice pair of eyeglasses and I was really excited to use it. I was thinking of giving it to a friend or using to buy for mom's eyeglasses, even if I have to pay the international shipping fee. I asked my mother about her prescription glasses and she texted me the numbers she saw on the receipt. We were both confused at first because the information is not as detailed as the information given to patients in the US. I did a lot of research based on the limited information she sent me through text and customized the features (if you could call it that) of the eyeglasses I want for her, and saved it to my cart. I said I'll let it rest for a few days because I didn't know if I already have the correct specifications that would suit her. Also, I began to question if it would cost the same if I just buy the glasses here, locally, or pay the international shipping fee. And then, so many things had happened in the last couple of months, and I forgot about it. When I remembered about the coupon, I then decided that I'll just use the coupon to buy an UV-protected non-prescription glasses for a friend's daughter in the US  and have it sent to her since I'm not sure about my mom's prescription. My brother also mentioned that she'd get my mom a new pair of eyeglasses, so I'd let him, lol. I decided it would be a surprise. But when I  came back, I saw that the coupon had expired. Boohooo! 

Now, I'm checking online for eyeglasses again so I can send my techie brother some suggestions on styles. My mom already has eyeglasses, but they're old, and we want something different for her. I chanced upon eyeglasses.com and checked out their site. The site is fairly easy to navigate with categories such Woman, Man, and Kids, and Prescription glasses. The site has very simple how-to-order instructions. And one thing I notice is that their eyeglasses have a lower price compared to other sites. I'm going to give the link of this site to my brother and the other site where I won the coupon so he'll be the one to do the ordering (if and when he decides to order online). My brother has an online store and is used to this kind of transactions. I'm sure he'll get the best for my mom. 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks again for offering it tome sis, I just can't get how to roder from the hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's alright sis. I wasn't able to go through it too. i couldn't figure out if what I have is the correct one. Sayang din. :)

      Delete
  2. That is nice of you for thinking about your mom. I got my mom an eye glasses but she passed away after few months. So, she only wore it for that long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your mom, Jhady. We, especially my brother, try as much as we can to give to our parents everything they want, as a way of giving back.

      Delete
  3. This is a lot faster way in choosing eyeglasses that would suit you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Franc, I found out that online shopping is hassle-free but there are some things that's better bought offline.

      Delete
  4. Sis, Firmoo.com has wide range of choices and they have this buy one take one deals most of the time. Why don't you check it out. You may find a good deal there for your mom's spectacles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!