Nov 20, 2013

Remembering Old Times


I was watching a morning TV program a few weeks ago, before Typhoon Haiyan hit the country, and one of the segments featured a tutorial on making Christmas balls and other decors out of recycled CDs. I thought it was a great idea and something that I and the kids can do because we have so many CDs that we don't use anymore and are already so scratched. Christmas is  near and in view of the recent typhoon, it is not practical to spend anymore so much on Christmas decorations, and anything handmade and recycled would do. 

Looking at the Christmas balls made of shattered CDs suddenly brought me back to the time when I was in college and my brother was just starting to be interested in anything electronics. I remember he made a disco ball and it hang in our room and looked so beautiful when light reflects on it. Even then, my brother was so interested in dj lighting and other lights and sounds effects. Now, he's in the technical department of the Cultural Center of the Philippines and an expert on these things. He loves what he's doing and he's a professional photographer on the side. 

I miss my brother, and I remember old times. Those were our carefree days when we have the same set of friends in the boarding house and we stay awake with them till dawn, just laughing and chatting and drinking to our hearts' content. We don't see each other much anymore nowadays with him so busy with his career and photography and of course, his family.

*Image courtesy of Digitalart/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. I would like to know how to do the CD project sis as we have s many here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check on it again, sis. I'm trying to find the link. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!