Sep 5, 2013

Flowers For Mama Mary

Orange You Glad It's Friday


We have a very special guest in our home during the month of July. The statue of the Virgin Mary stayed with us for four weeks and left on Simon's birthday. The statue moves from house to house in our subdivision every other two Saturdays, where prayers are offered during the transfer from one's house to the next. The statue of the Virgin Mary overextended her stay in our home because the neighbors were not available to receive her and we deem it best for her to stay until Simon's birthday. 

Every Saturday, I buy flowers for her. White flowers is what she came in with, yellow flowers on the second week, roses on the third week, and this gorgeous bouquet of I don't know what before her departure. 

During her stay, I taught the kids the Lord's Prayer in Tagalog and they were able to memorize it before she left. Now, they recite the Ama Namin every night before they go to bed just after their "Angel of God..." prayer.

8 comments:

  1. Lilies, they are lilies.....
    Hail Mary, full of grace
    The Lord is with thee
    Blessed art thou amongst women
    And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
    Holy Mary, Mother of God
    Pray for us sinners now
    And at the hour of our death
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, Cat. I'm so lazy to Google it up. I just know they're beautiful, fit for a queen. So honored to have you visit us here. And I'll say Amen to that prayer. Thanks in for bringing in the positive energy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! They are called Peruvian Lilies or Alstroemeria.
    Thanks for stopping by to visit my canning peaches post on The Self Sufficient HomeAcre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos. Those are lilies Mai.

    I miss that tradition. Back to where we used to live, the Blessed Virgin stayed with us for a week, two to three times a week.

    Glad you decided to share your photos on Orange you glad it's Friday. Thanks for joining and I hope to see you again next Friday. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having Mama Mary as visitor too sis. We used to welcome here back home as well and would love an extended stay. We pray the rosary as a family ever 6 p.m. after the Angelus and my mom would not start if all her kids were not home yet. And yesterday was Mama Mary's birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to find that kind of lilies and plant it in my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!