Jun 19, 2013

Games Wii Play



It was in early January when hubby bought a Wii Sports console for the boys. He bought it from his best buddy at the office at half-price. It is brand new and haven't been used since hubby's friend already has two from his relatives in the US. My dear husband said that if the kids can't go outside to play, at least they can play the Wii and not just sit down in front of the computer all day long when they're off from school or during weekends. It was a hit with the kids. They love to play golf, bowling, boxing and baseball with it.


I ask myself often if Wii is good for kids. I tried to find resources online that would say it is not good for kids. I haven't found any yet. Based on what I'm seeing from the kids when they're playing, I think it is good for them. It helps to keep them active. They perspire when they play, which for me is a good thing, like exercising. They connect with each other more, they cheer each other on whenever one of them is playing. They can play together in multi-player games and they have fun customizing their Avatars.

We started from Wii Sports, then went to Wario Smooth Moves (which I love), Carnival, and last is the Dragon Ball Z for my eldest son. For now, the Wii is on vacation, since school has just started in this part of the world. And also, we need to buy new games, which we need to save up for since it's expensive to buy here.

Meanwhile, I found this article,"Is the Wii Really Good for Your Health?" from TIME which highlights the benefits of using Wii based on studies.

Hope you're having a great week! Enjoy the rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. I know my daughter has bought some of the Wii games, but I have no idea how they work.
    Good choce for W.
    Wil, ABCW Team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids know more about how to operate this than I do, Wil!

      Delete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!