Jun 21, 2013

First Week Of School

Sam and Simon on their way to school, it's PE Friday!
At last, it's Friday! I survived the first week of school! I have three young school kids now, with Simon in preschool, Sam in the second grade and Basti in sixth grade. The kids did great and breezed through the week with flying colors.

I'm so happy with the way the kids behaved the first week of school. We spent afternoons doing assignments. Nobody misbehaved during the entire week. After assignments, we cut card boards to make war tanks, or helmets, or just draw birds and cut them from the card boards and they will soar in every which direction the kids imagination take them. We slept early most days and those time we slept really late, the kids still woke up early. Nobody  resisted getting dressed for school. We did not have a hard time waking them up. Also, we went back to reading before going to bed, which the kids lost interest in during the summer vacation.

Simon comes home everyday with stars stamped on his hands. Sam is also doing great based on what I'm seeing on his workbooks but doesn't have stars because "they're big now, they don't need the stars.":D


Yesterday, nobody even wanted to go on the computer. The two younger ones just played their imaginary Duck Life birds and draw ducks after ducks after ducks. I don't know how long this obsession with ducks will run.


Kuya Basti, meanwhile, practiced strumming his guitar instead of playing his online games. Wow, that was a first! Two days ago, his classmate (who has an expensive guitar whose design is a lot like a new fender jazzmaster) went to our house and practiced with Basti. I'm sure it's not a Fender Jazzmaster though, that would be too much for a child. I'm glad Basti has a strumming buddy now. I could hear them discussing and arguing over some techniques that their respective tutors taught. 

Overall, it was a great week for us. The kids, especially the two younger ones said they are happy and the teachers are kind to them. I hope this continues on the whole year.

I am thankful for the chance to be with my kids everyday. I am thankful for hubby who's working hard to give his children a good education. I am thankful for the help I'm getting from family members in my daily tasks. I am thankful for online opportunities and for the active online community that I have. How about you, what are you thankful for?

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. i reember, i always was excited when it was first day of school, am sure you're such happy mom with all your kids doing well, one of the priceless joys in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice that Kuya Basti has someone to play guitar with. Guitar will benefit him a lot rather than playing games anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!