May 17, 2013

Fly Fishing

I've recently come across the term 'fly fishing' in one of the blogs that I visited. I looked for more information on fly fishing here in the Philippines but I did not find anything much. I thought being in a country blessed with so much bodies of water, we would have a lot of fly fishers here. I found some articles and forum threads  on sport fishing and a couple or two blog posts on lake water fishing for bass mouth. It is a not as big as a sport here as it is in the United States, where as soon as you Google "Fly Fishing 101", it will come up with websites of organizations of fly fishers in almost every town, every county and every state. I guess it has something to do with the fact that we have so many fishermen here and that fishing is regarded as a means of livelihood, rather than a recreation or a sport. There are some, though, that are into this hobby, but I bet they don't fish for a living. Sports fishing are offered as one of the activities in some beach resorts in the country.

2 comments:

  1. Same here sis. I cannot differentiate what's fishing from fly fishing too. But you're right, since fishing in the Phils. is considered more of a livelihood than a recreational activity, we don't give much attention to the other kinds of fishing.

    Ria C

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true sis, over here in order to fish, you have to have a license, nakakamiss tuloy ang pamimingwit hehehe..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!