Apr 7, 2013

Recycling the Zesto Box

A few weeks ago, Simon had a project. Well, okay, Sam had a project at school but then, Simon the youngest also wanted to do HIS own project. Sam went home with a recycled Zesto box. It's just a box that  they covered with gift wrapper so that it could be use to hold other things.

Whenever there's a program at my dear Sam's school, the parents were tasked to bring food to share with everyone. I've always shared Zesto juice in tetra packs. I buy them by the box and each box would have ten tetra packs in it. After every program, we're left with Zesto (the juice brand popular here in the Philippines) boxes which we almost always throw in the trash. 

Until that day when Sam had that project in school. Simon wanted to make his own box., for his toys. And so we did. 

He cut the old wrappers that I found in the house. He's very good with scissors. 


Here you can see how serious the child was while recycling his box. After he cut, he tried to glue everything together. Such independence from a four-year-old. I helped him with this or else all that glue would have gone to waste. :D


And here's the final product. It's just a simple box, but my little man is mighty proud of his very own box. Sam's also showing off the box he made in school. Simon put his favorite toys here but forgot about it the next day, so I'm the one using it now, for my suddenly growing collection of postcards.  


My kids love activities like this. I feel guilty that I'm not able to provide them more of this. For this summer, however, hubby is considering teaching them origami and making a paper curtains out of the catalogs and brochures that we have at home. We also have a pending project called The Leaf Science (which they discovered while browsing K-Zone mag) that is on hold because up to now, I couldn't find baking soda in the stores in the area. :D 

Anyway, have  a great weekend, my dear friends at :

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! And darling child! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That box is beautiful, is perfect, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww look how proud he is, recycling is great way to make projects at home. My kids are obsessed with it sis. I am not allowed to throw things without asking them lol.

    Thank you for linking up with Color Connection last week.
    You may link up now for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have so many things to recycle, but just can't find the time to do so. Really great job to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that's some nifty handy work, Simon! well done! mum loves to do that at home. she recycled big boxes to stash my toys in. we even re-use yogurt cups for tot homeschooling! :)

    three cheers for recycling!

    thanks for joining k.i.d + i bet i will see you again next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's really a cool project....:) sorry for the late visit from Color Connection mami...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!