Feb 28, 2013

Things to Do At Paradizoo Farm #1-3


 Welcome
Participants!

 In this part of the world, it's summer once again. And summer means field trips, family vacations and outings. One of the more popular destinations for people living in Manila and surrounding provinces is Tagaytay for its cool, crisp, clean air and breathtaking view of the Taal Lake.


Near Tagaytay is the town of Mendez which is home to Paradizoo Farm. Paradizoo Farm is one of the theme farms of the Zoomanity group (Zoobic Zafari is one of the other theme farms), and as the name implies, it is a mini-zoo and a farm in one. It has vegetable gardens, lots of farm animals, a honeybee house, a pet columbarium called Noah's Ark, a butterfly garden and lots and lots of trees and flowers. We are fortunate to be able to visit the farm during my eldest's field trip last November. It's a good place for kids to learn more about animals and nature. So, if you're in Manila and just a few hours drive away, why not drop by. 

What are the things you can do at the Paradizoo Farm?

#1: Milk the goats. 

You can find many breeds of goats and sheeps at Paradizoo Farm. They're in an separate enclosures with their breed names posted on the wall together with their description. 

If you've lived in the city all your life and your kid has never seen farm animals except in pictures, in TV, movies and on the net, he/she will have an awesome time milking the goats. Just take a look at these happy faces. Don't forget to wash hands and bring alcohol.


#2: Visit the Butterfly Garden. 

The  butterfly garden is not that large, but you'll see the butterflies all right. The kids were given a lecture on the life cycle and metamorphosis of the butterfly. I love butterflies and I love this part of the Paradizoo Farm but I have nothing to show for it except for this photo below, because my camera failed me again. :( Lesson learned.


#3. Check out the veggies at their Vegetable Garden

My heart skipped a beat seeing their vegetable garden.  As far as I know, they do organic farming. At their website, it is said that visitors can pick vegetables from the garden, but we're not able to do that because of the time limitations, I guess, of the field trip. And even if we're allowed, the veggies are not yet fully grown that time, not ready for picking. I borrowed these photos from my other blog. :)


Fresh produce from the farm:


We'll do a second post of things to do at Paradizoo Farm next week. I'm a certified farm girl so that's why I love this place. I've always dreamt of having my own farm in my father's hometown. 

I also would like to commend the staff at Paradizoo Farm who gave me meds for migraine while I was there. I was merely asking if they had some meds for sale at the store  and she took me to the office and gave me some meds for free. Great customer service.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a GREAT outing, especially that GARDEN - hope everyone had GOOD fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goats are apparently a very intelligent animal and fun to watch them play. Oh and I love their cheese!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a GREAT time!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, delicious photos, lovely ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss ko na yang ganyang kalabasa sis. Buti pa dyan warm na, over here, still snowing wahhh. I have only been to Tagaytay twice... Lovely captures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color Connection link is up now for this week. Come join us again.

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a great post! This makes me wanna go home! :(

    Stopping by from WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Philippines:) well, lapit na ko uwi. makatikim uli ng kalabasa.
    Dropping by from Color Connection. My entry is from: joysnotepad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be a wonderful Mom! This was a fun post. I'll look forward to your next post. :-) Thanks for visiting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, so informative with wonderful photos. This looks like a super place to visit. I am a farm girl, too and really enjoy growing my own vegetables.

    We used to have a goat and chickens when the children were little.
    So glad they provided meds for your migraine. I get them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am sure the kids really learned a lot about farm life! Looks like you all had a lot of fun! thanks for joining WW, Mai!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe! Thanks for sharing the photos. I miss the Philippines so badly and I love everything fresh. Fresh ocean fish, fresh fruits, and fresh veggies. And I miss the ocean and the mountains. And what I miss the most is my family. :) Thanks for sharing and visiting you via WW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love to visit these places! Someday. thank you for sharing beautiful photos and info about these places.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the place looks like something i would enjoy. too bad mum + i were not able to visit. we actually got tickets for this place + expired last month. hopefully, mum + i can visit this place in the future!

    thanks for always joining k.i.d! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice!! I would love to visit a farm for a change :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!