Feb 17, 2013

Face Masks, Foil and Feathers on Field Demo Day

Photobucket

It had been a totally busy week for me. I was not able to post anything at all on this blog and missed my favorite memes. I'm not gonna try to catch up because it's already Sunday now. What I'll do is dedicate this post for next week's edition of all of these memes. And, of course, this post is also for Color connection. 

Happy thoughts, first! Eldest's Field Demo Day was Monday of last week (Sorry, I said field day the last time, that created a confusion). The other moms and I stayed awake overnight Sunday morning through Monday morning making costumes for the kids. I got a massive migraine all throughout those 24 hours and was barely functioning before the end of it. Foil and double-sided tapes were the tools of that day.

But we were happy with the result. We made the upper and lower Egyptian garments made out gold, red, silver and green foil. We did not make the face masks. Each child made one of his/her own. And that's good because each mask was unique. And their dance number was really colorful.


 the banner for their "grand entrance". 


 The kids while their preparing to go center stage. 


The dance number
 That's Basti. The white face mask was no more. I covered the whole mask with double-sided tape and sprinkled gold glitters on one side and red glitters on the other side, and put those feathers on the side using glue stick and glue gun.


they got the FIRST place!

Now some additional not-so-happy thoughts:
I've missed ABC Wednesday Letter E edition. So, let me segue briefly and make a confession here. I think, consciously, I Evaded the letter E post. It's been a week now since I finally got the EEG Exam result and the ECG exam result of my eldest. The ECG result was good. The EEG result was not. I wish I can share with you what it's about but the news is still so fresh and I'm still hurting from the knowledge, that I can't even write about it yet. Ironic, isn't it? I can make a whole long post about something that starts with the letter E but didn't. Can't. I could have written about all the photos I took at the hospital of the Elevator and the Entrance and Exit signs and Emergency section, but those seems so irrelevant and so unimportant compared to the big E that we're facing right now. Don't worry guys, whatever it is, we can face it and we can endure - me as a mom and us as a family. Everything's still great, no matter what. 

I hope everyone's having a great week!

18 comments:

  1. Love the face paints! EEG, ECG, are serious things though. Here's hoping your eldest child gets past that soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love this excellent costume exquisite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for the letter F!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice for the letter F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know about busy!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! bagging the first place was the moms' reward for staying up all night making the costumes.:p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww at may confetti pa talaga ang saya ng naman ng field trip..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful preparations for Field Demo day. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read about the post but also noticed the last part about your eldest child. I pray for strength for your whole family, for healing, and for the provision that you need. God bless and keep you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks hazel and deli. thank you for the prayers, we need that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sis, I am not certain what you are going through but I hope and pray that God will give you guys the strength to pull it though..

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and happy celebration Sis Mai :-) beautiful and colorful pictures too and congrats on winning the first place :-)

    Wednesday Whites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. JUst be strong sis, I know how hard it is but with your faith, it could get easier. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! congratulations for bagging the prize! beautiful masks.. so colorful! thanks for joining WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that was an awesome colorful field demo! congrats!

    i hope you're okay + whatever it is, just be strong + know that this is just a phase. be well + thanks for always joining our k.i.d. meme! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. woot! congrats! They look so awesome with their mask! u did a pretty good job sis.
    from WW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!