Feb 17, 2013

Choosing The Right Guitar



The plan for getting Basti a guitar is becoming more and more of a possibility as summer draws near. My goal this summer is to introduce the kids to new activities that do not include a remote or a mouse. :D Good luck to me. As much as I want to, I cannot enroll them to a sports clinic this summer. First, because of  budget constraint and second, because Basti's shouldn't engage so much in physical activities, as per doctor's advice. Why? Uhm, that would be another topic on another post. Can't talk about that now.

 Anyway, this summer, I'm thinking of starting him on reading mystery books. Right now, he's only reading comic books and his favorite K-Zone from cover to cover. Also, I'd have to research online for art projects and science projects that we can do. The two younger tots are showing great interest in this kind of things.

And of course, I'd like Basti to be able to learn how to play the guitar. But the thing is, I don't know how to pick a good guitar for someone who's just starting out. Of course, I would want something durable, because I'm sure the two younger ones would want to play with it also. I want something with durable strings, like those exquisite Martin guitar strings on it. Another factor that I need to look at is the fit, it has to be something that would be comfortable to use. Color and design would be another consideration. The more beautiful your guitar, the cooler you look, and the more inspired you get to learn, right? As for the price, well, it had to be something that's affordable, of course. I saw some really cool guitars on sale at the mall a few months ago. I have to check them out before school ends, maybe they'd be on sale again. Or I could look online.

He doesn't know all this yet, he doesn't read this blog but I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he gets one. As for the two younger boys, I know they'll be so happy when they see the new guitar. I'm sure. Just look at how thrilled they were with all these guitars. This photo was taken a couple of months ago.


 There's one other thing, who would teach him guitar lessons? That's another thing I have to look into. Meanwhile, let's all have a happy Sunday, everyone! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. yes mum guitar lesson is a great summer activity for kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang popogi ng mga anak mo sis. Can't wait to hear them strum the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that they would be so happy to get one..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!