Feb 22, 2013

A Glimpse of Me: Longing for Paris

When I was in high school, we had a project on World History. We were asked to report, complete with pictures and graphics, about the history and geography of France. And so, that was the start of my lifelong dream of visiting Paris and of living in one of those luxury paris apartments, to see The Louvre and its glass pyramid and all of its paintings, to visit the Notre Dame of Paris and the Museum of Natural History. I worked hard on that project so that my classmates would see the beauty that I was only seeing in pictures. I rummaged through my older brother's stash of National Geographic magazines and travel magazines. Yeah, I cut all of the pages up with images of Paris and pasted them on a cartolina to make a very large poster. Our team got the highest grade and I almost got a beating from my brother. But it was so worth it. What can I say, I was young and foolish.

Now that I'm older, I am still fascinated with the city of Paris. I haven't lost hope that someday, in this lifetime, I'll be able to set foot on of the most romantic city in the world. Someday, when the kids are older and hubby and I have retired, who knows, we'll find our way to Paris. 

18 comments:

  1. I would love to visit Paris as well, sama tayo sis hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis, pag nanalo ako sa lottery isasama kita sa vacation ko pagpunta ng Paris heheeh.. INgat lagi!

      Delete
    2. promise yan, chubs ha. pero kailangan tumaya ka muna, haha.

      Delete
  2. Please friends, sama nyo na rin ako. Paris is a dream place for me. Gusto kong makita ang cute girls doon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be a painful beating from your brother, Mai. How dare he? LOL! But for the love of Paris, kinaya! Ajah! hehehe!

    We are on the same boat, Mai. It's also in my wishlist. HaY! With dreamy, dreamy eyes pa :-) Hopefully I could get to set foot in this country as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can only dream of being able to travel to that country in the future with my wife and kids.. :0

    cheers for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your dreams come true. :) Paris is so beautiful. My family and I fell in love with the place and we don't mind going back to explore the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so lucky, ria c! hope you can come back to Paris.

      Delete
  6. count me in sa pagpunta mo sa Paris :) Dreams do come true right? congratulations for the great project on Paris...smiling at you cutting your bro's magazines hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your style of presentation, choosing the best pictures you saw so you can sell really your subject, which is many's dream to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, Paris! One of my favorite places to go...someday when I win a lottery...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never stop dreaming. As qouted in The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho 'And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who wouldn't want to see the most romantic city in the world? Just like you sis, here I am wishing the same thing for my family as well. I really do hope we could see this wonderful city someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sama ako!!!

    I so want to see Paris in my own eyes. It's just the city of love. wow. It could be nice, really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also dream of going to Paris. Dream palce talaga yan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aja! let's all go to Paris then. i'm wishing you all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is also one my life-long dreams to visit Paris. I hope I will still have that chance together with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the place everyone wants to visit..thanks for sharing this idea...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!