Jan 8, 2013

Watching the Sky

Ever since I've joined SkyWatch Friday on my other blog, I've been looking up the sky almost every time I'm out of the house. It has become a habit  for me to look up to see changes in the cloud formations, to marvel at the blueness of the sky, or just to look at the sun and the moon. I love taking pictures of the sky. My camera just can't translate well to print or to digital image the beauty I see with my eyes. Most of the time, I ask my photographer brother to take a shot of the sky for me with his high-tech photo gadgets, like when there was a super moon.

One thing I haven't been able to do lately is take shots of the Manila skyline and its buildings against the sky. That is why whenever I go out of my hole to do some errands or to go out with friends and do some other stuff, I really go out of my way to get some city shots.

The shots below were taken four days before New Year's Eve. I went to a hospital to have my kidney stones removed and before going there, I took a shot of the busy highway, EDSA.


This one is around 11:30 AM. See those cranes at the side of the building? I love seeing those cranes and steel gantry cranes around the metro. They add character to the city. For me, they mean progress. Something is being built and something being built means jobs. These building were not even there the last time I was at the same place sometime ago. It was all open space.  

Here's another photo taken after the check-up, kidney stone ESWL treatment was re-scheduled for the next day, so my bestfriend and I went to UP Ayala Technohub to chill. This is the view from the overpass.


And this is the view on the other side, cloudy and gloomy:


These two photos are special to me because this highway and this sky is what hubby sees everyday as he goes to work, and it was my first time to see it last December.

And of course, before I went home, I couldn't resist taking a shot of the sunset, even if it was hidden behind those buildings.


That's it, friends! Hope you enjoyed these photos. Remember to look up once in awhile, there is beauty in the sky.

10 comments:

  1. I love the last shot sis! I actually find different stuff in the sky hehehe, addict baga lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last photo. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful snaps and you still managed to take picture pre-operation?!? Wow!

    I miss the hustle and bustle of Metro Manila. I miss the blue, the cloudy and the rainy sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos. Just asking, is the last photo sunrise or sunset?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a sunset, papaleng. took a snap at the MRT station before going home.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love the sky, the clouds, and the sun as well! They're some of my most favorite subjects to take a picture of. You have lovely shots! I missed Manila skyline! Although it seems crowded, it has that "homey" feeling whenever I can see it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to join skywatch friday...I love taking pictures of the sky...ganda nang kuha sa last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love taking pictures of the sky, i love the last picture... so stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sky is one of my favorite subjects when it comes to photography. I always see different images formed by the clouds. They're amazing isn't it? I have plenty shots of similar view, never got the chance to dig it yet.
    How are you doing now?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!