Jan 15, 2013

Flowers at the Manila Seedling Bank #1: Money Plant


One of my favorite places here in Manila is the Manila Seedling Bank located at the corner of EDSA and Quezon Avenue. Why? Because it is home to many orchids, ornamental plants and bonsai trees. You can go there and buy potted plants, seedling fertilizers, landscaping materials, stones and garden supplies. 

When I dropped by there last December, one of the things that caught my eye was this money plant. Also known as jade plant, crassula, lucky plant, this plant is associated with good luck and prosperity. During the celebration of Chinese New Year, it is decorated with small red envelope, Chinese coins and/or red ribbon (just like you see below) to bring wealth to the family. 


This is my first entry to Ruby Tuesday, and I wish each and every participant prosperity, luck and good health all throughout 2013. Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Are those succulent plants sis? I love visiting botanical gardens or any type of garden for that matter.

    Catching up with Ruby Tuesday entries.

    If you get a chance, come and see my RUBIES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, sis. They are. we have something in common, we're garden people. thanks for visiting again. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!