Dec 2, 2012

Photo-A-Day Challenge Hop for December 2012: 2012 Event I won't forget


Mama Making Changes is sponsoring a Photo-A-Day Challenge Hop for December 2012! Each day of December, participants will be posting a photo base on the word prompt for the day. Head on over to her blog to get to know other participants. Today's word prompt is

  2012 Event I won't forget

Cuyab Hot Spring Resort

We went swimming in one of the hot spring resorts in Laguna, here in the Philippines to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. My kids and I had so much fun! But it was not the fun that made it so memorable and unforgettable. It was the day that my eldest son suddenly collapsed before my very eyes. He was standing right beside me and we were getting ready to go home, and the next thing I knew, he was on the cemented floor. We had to bring him to the hospital. The doctor said it was over fatigue. I didn't sleep well for a couple of weeks because I was watching him while he sleeps. I was that traumatized by the experience.

That day brought me a realization, a realization that everything can be taken away from us in an instant. And that realization actually made me more appreciative of the people around me and of the people I love. I appreciate and treasure every moment I am with them. I live each day as it comes with my children. I begun to listen more and try to be with them more.  Everyday starts with I love you's and ends with a prayer of thanks for all the blessings that God is providing us everyday. 

Hope you all visit the other participants! And if you're a blogger, we'd love to have you join us, just visit Mama Making Changes blog for details!

3 comments:

  1. Hot spring is always a hoot for families. When I worked for a year in Bulacan many years ago, our boos brought us to one of the beautiful resort in Laguna, can't remember where though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, sounds like a great getaway...:) I've never been to Laguna before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad your son is okay. That must have been terrifying!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!