Oct 28, 2012

Yet Another Birthday Post and a Mother's Thoughts

And this is yet another birthday post and this time it's for Basti. He's now 11 years old! Yay!

rich Ultimate Chocolate by Red Ribbon, a serious celebrant and two birthday candles fanatics :)
How time flies and now, I'm really feeling old. In just a few years, my eldest would be in high school. Right now, he's practically a teenager. And I'm not sure I know how to cope with raising a teen, a male one for that matter. So, I'll just take this one day at a time, one step at a time, one issue at a time. Crossing my fingers that I won't mess up.

They say that this stage in a boy's life is really crucial, he's in a crossroads from being a kid to being a teen and on to being adult. The best I could do is show him that I'm always there for him every step of the way. Maybe, I'll loosen up a little bit on him and let  him be out there on his own a bit. Gosh, that is so hard. Times are different now, you see. The last time I let him out to be with friends, he got this:

Nasty eh? It's even nastier when it got infected. Ah, the cost of getting sick! We even thought we needed to have his arm cast for a broken bone. So glad the ortho doctor thought otherwise.

This 11 year old is growing so fast, not only physically but emotionally. I only wish that I'd be able to keep up, haha. I'm thankful each and every day that I am a mom to this wonderful young man. I'm celebrating my 11 years too as a mom. :) Yay for me!

Linking this up to:
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your son! Parang korteng heart yata yung sugat nya? Hope he's ok na.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mai. Droppingby to thank you for visiting and for the lovely comment. Happy birthday to your son. It is a joy to have a son:) mine is 34 now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Delicious photo mosaic, beautiful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you say is so true. They grow quickly. Looks like a wonderful party. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch that looks very painful! Glad he's okay.

    Thank you for joining Color Connection last week. Can't wait to see what color will you be this week. The linky is up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!