May 30, 2012

Making My Own Party Invitations

There are so many things that I am learning from my digital scrapbooking software. Aside from making Facebook profile banners, scrapbooks of our photos, blog headers and sidebar widgets, I have recently tried to make an invitation card for my niece's birthday. It was fun choosing from designs and combining colors just to come up with a good birthday invitation. It is time consuming though. The birthday invitation I made was never used because the parents decided to just hold a simple party at their house with the neighborhood kids. No worries, I turned it into a scrap kit instead. 

Looking at my "creation", I can say that although it is beautiful (in my eyes at least), it is nowhere near the professionally made invitations I've seen or been sent before. I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to design and color combination. I looked at Creations By Leslie for inspiration. Creation By Leslie has a lot of professionally designed invitations for all occasions and they all look so good. 

When hubby and I were married, we actually made all the preparations for our wedding. By the time we were married, we've learned so much preparing our own that we wanted to be wedding planners. That plan never materialized because we were so busy with our respective jobs. But now, I can't help ask myself "what if?" I feel I'm being gently push towards that direction and towards people who are events planner and party coordinators. Making party invitations is just part of the whole events planning industry. If ever I venture into that business, I wouldn't have any problem sourcing for a wedding photographer because my brother is one and a good one at that. 

I've done a wedding invitation three months ago. Now, I'll be working on creating great-looking birthday party invitations, just like the ones I see on Creations By Leslie. And why not baby shower invitations too? I have so many friends who are pregnant, why not have them as my first 'clients'. 

With all these new ideas, my head is filled with possibilities. Oh, didn't I tell you I chose the design for my niece's cake also? I'll post about that next time. I'm excited for tomorrow because I'll actually get to see my niece's cake with my chosen design on it. 

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Iba talaga pag ikaw gumawa may personal touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats nice to hear Mai! Let your creativity soar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you're design will turn out good. Making stuffs your own is simply much better than getting ready-made designs. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hat's a great idea sis, you are good in designing so am sure clients will love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing that helps sharpen your skills at creativity. Yes, take the plunge and make a business out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    Also visit my web site ... cordless vacuum cleaner reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!