Apr 21, 2012

No, you're not welcome Here!!!: A Scary Mommy Moment

More than a month ago, this is what I saw on my dashboard. I'm on Blogger for this site (to those of you who are not familiar with what you're seeing on the screenshot).


I was aghast to see that someone searching photos of nude boys on the net actually dropped by our site thinking he/she will see what she/he's looking for here. At first I thought we'll maybe this is a grown-up looking for gorgeous men on the net. That's acceptable for me. 

Curious to find out more about this searcher, I clicked on the link and this is what I saw:


Right below, at number 11th is our site:

Plain and clear that our site is about me, a mom, and my three boys, literally boys. So I came to the conclusion that whoever or whatever this person is, he/she was really looking for boys, not gorgeous men on the net. 'Cause if he's looking for something else than the literal 'nude boys' then why would he click on a mommy blogger's blog?

I haven't been posting much these days due to work overload and also, because of this. I actually have forgotten about it, intentionally put thoughts about it at the back of my mind, but I saw this again awhile ago: 



I don't know if this is another search or what, but it's really getting into my nerves. I had to let this out of my system: Whoever you are who's searching for nude boys on the net, go somewhere else! You are not welcome here and you will not find what you are looking for here! Go away!

When I first started this blog, I have thought carefully on how I'll be able to share mommyhood and our lives without getting into any this complications. Have you seen or read Crappy Pictures? That was what I had in mind before, but I don't have the talent or the humor that Amber has. So, oh, well.  

This person, whoever he is or whatever he is, has given me so much to think about. I was washed over with anxiety. I had considered on altogether scrapping this blog out. But then, we have so many memories here and I'd put so much work on this blog. I had considered limiting photos of my kids and just concentrate on my parenting issues and other parenting stuff. But this is more of a personal blog than anything else. Geez!!! How would I ever post our swimming outing now thinking there's someone lurking out there watching out for my kids' photo? 

I would really appreciate your thoughts and your comments on this, fellow moms. What do you think, how much of our kids lives and photos should we share online. Any advice and tips?

Sharing this with Mommy Moments. 
By the way, many thanks to other referring URLs!!! Feel free to visit them also.

16 comments:

  1. I think there will always be weirdos out there. We just have to be careful that we don't post anything that might attract them to the site.

    I follow a lot of fashion bloggers and it's amazing how many have had creepy comments on feet of all things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought. I have accepted that being a blogger, I'm exposing myself and my kids to this kind of people. And I cannot stop them. I'm thinking if I'm gonna continue being a blogger, I must be extra careful instead of what I post so they won't have any reason to come back. Thanks for your insight, Narda.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mai! I think whoever that is seems desperate to find nude boys really that clicking reverything could be a possibility. But then on the bright side, you gained page views! Lol. Just wanted to make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, thanks rona, for making me laugh. that could be a possibility, true. why can't i see the brighter side of things, haha, the better nature of human beings? for all we know, this is just for research. i wish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really scary! Whoever that person is looking for pictures of nude boys is really sick and crazy! Now we should all be careful of the pictures of our kids that we post on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree, tetcha. especially now that we know there's someone who's searching particularly on PH blogs. this is not a search on WWW, this is a search on top ph.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mai, this is really scary but this will give you the chance to probably revamp your title. It's the title of your blog that makes it to the top searches of those pervs. Don't delete this blog, I love this one you know. Just change the tile so Mr. Google will not put your blog title on the result whenever someone is looking for the keyword "Boys".

    It's the keywords that shows up in the result page of the searches not photos sis. As you can see, dami kong pics sa blogs ko but did not have this kind of issue.

    Hope my two cents of thoughts makes sens lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few weeks ago, that actually crossed my mind. Thanks for the validation. I knew your opinion here would really matter because you family journal's so full of photos, yet I've never heard you having this kind of issue. Yeah, I really need to change the title of this blog. Anyway, it's becoming less and less of three anymore because the eldest on doesn't want to be blogged about anymore. So many things to think about for now, including where this blogging thing is leading me. Thanks for the feedback, Rose. Really, really appreciate it.

      Delete
  6. Oh no... this sick person looks like he is riding on the general theme of the name "boys." Your blog is a parenting blog loud and clear, but deranged people are deranged. As to how much of our kids' lives we share online - I'm speaking about my experience - I have never revealed my son's surname online, nor do I remember posting photos that show a lot of his anatomy. I also use tags that are not susceptible to the bad agenda of insane lurkers. Now how do I help make you feel better, naku at a loss ako sis. Let's try page views, rona's idea :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here, hazel. although, when i saw this i was really shaken. thanks for trying to make me feel better, sis. :)now, i haven't thought about tags at all. thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  7. That is alarming! Minsan they steal pictures talaga to post on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, Anne. I hope they don't post my photos elsewhere. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is scary.. nowadays, I try to lessen to post photos and names of my kids on my blogs.. Good idea from fellow mommies - baka dahil sa "boys"..

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing this. it is a warning to all mom bloggers to be extra careful in posting pics of our kids online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, its because when type's the **** boys keyword, your blog has that *boy* keyword that is why it shows up to his searching... hope you could visit my Color Connection :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!