Mar 15, 2012

Drawings, Drawings and More Drawings

Drawing is the activity that kept my kids occupied the past week. Simon really loves to draw and doodle but he hasn't done any for such a long time. Until last week. Here's the background of the drawing that you'll see below: 

My littlest boy went through a "I don't wanna take a bath" phase. He resisted every effort that we exerted to bathe him to the point that bath time had been synonymous to stress time. One day, I told him a story about a little boy who wouldn't want to take a bath. At the time same time I drew. He did not seem interested. Then a few hours after, he asked for a pen and paper, and I saw him busy doodling. Here's what I saw after:


I asked him what each drawing means. I really don't know what the horse has to do with the whole resistance to taking a bath thing. I'll have you know that he never slipped, not even once, on a slippery floor. I am so glad we are over the "I don't wanna take a bath phase." One morning, he just announced that he's ready to take a bath. Yipee!!!!

Simon also knows how to write now. Of course, he consults our alphabet wall once in a while but he's the one who do all the writing. Here's an example:


Sam, on the other hand, had taken keen interest on PAINT. The MS Paint that we have on our computer. I so wanted to give him a better experience on this new interest so I searched for a kiddie drawing tool. We discovered Tux Paint. It's a cool software/application and Sam and Simon love it.

Here's Sam's drawing. I was doing my Orange Tuesdays' round when he insisted on using Tux Paint but only for a short while. Sitting on my lap, we made this little painting, so cute! :  



He typed his name by the way. I selected what to put in and he did all the clicking. So cool, I could totally make a header out of this.

And here's Simon's work. He made this out of the shapes that are available. 



My kids love Tux Paint. I'm sure your kids will too.



Photobucket
 

23 comments:

  1. hala is that a free software for painting, do you mind to share it with us? Thanks. Visiting from Wednesday White, here's my entry thanks My Daily Mumbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit anne! the product info and download is at:

      http://tuxpaint.org/

      have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed the tale of the boy who doesn't take a bath reminds me of my little teapot here visiting from KIDS mine is here Little World of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drawing is very nice.All the work is imaginary and really very beautiful work.Thanks for sharing the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice that he likes to draw.. Cute:)

    Visiting for Orange Tuesday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweethomephilippines.com/2012/03/orange-dinosaur.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha kakauwa naman si Simon.. My son takes a bath three times a day kaya laging high ang water bills namin hehehe.. I remember one time I scolded Ms. Burrito for something and then she draw her emotions and showed it to me.. She drew me with an angry face lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nangangamusta lang sis, hope all is well.

      Delete
    2. thanks, rose! all is well na, thank God. we got out of the hosp thursday and so far, sam's feeling better. will be back in the online world full time next week.

      Delete
  6. visting from color connection actually mommy..
    talagang from up to down binasa ko eh...tux paint looks cool.. kelangan pa i-download mommy?..
    by the way ako nanalo sa mymemories suite giveaway ni mommy ice... hahaha..akalain mo yun..hindi ko pa na email yung nirefer mo.. hindi ko na ata kelangan..
    installation still running pa now.. 24% done pa lang.. mahaba-haba pa to..excited much sa kong ano pwede ko gawin..yay!
    anyway..sabay ko na rin ang pag hop from my OT meme..thanks for joining mommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, congrats for the win, sheng. wish granted! i'm sure you'll enjoy MMS. thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. will download the software too. thanks for sharing, ang ganda ng drawings =)

      Delete
  7. those are beautiful drawings of your boys Sis Mai :-) very talented too :-) Visiting from Orange Tuesday, hope that you can return an orange visit too.

    http://www.sportyjess.com/driving-an-orange-truck/

    ReplyDelete
  8. mine is up http://www.tipsandexperience.com/2012/03/flamingos.html

    that's cool apps. try ko nga din kc my boi loves drawings too. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. simon and sam's really bright boys...and i love both works! i am interested to know that tux paint, no idea (maybe i will google it) but for now my little girl's into baby painting in ipod, she loves it. keep her busy specially if we are out for lunch or dinner! :) visiting from OT, hope to see you around. thanks and have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! loads of cool drawings! i wish i can make some of these, too, when am a bit bigger! kudos you little picassos! ^_^

    thank you for joining k.i.d + see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed your boys love to draw. natuwa ako sa drawing ng the bot who doesn't want to take a bath..:). Btw, visiting from Color Connection, its my first share, I hope you can find time to visit me as well at

    http://www.pinaysinglemomsnook.info/colorful-ballons/

    See yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Galing naman ni Simon... Parang architect in the making ah...

    Thanks for sharing Mai. Might as well try to download this software para din ma try...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe! Look at those fun drawings. Keep it up young one. :) Visiting late via CC, mommy. :)

    Adin B

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe ang cute. ang galeng naman nya.

    from WW heres my take
    http://www.myphotomeme.com/2012/03/13/ww-hyacinth-in-bloom/

    ReplyDelete
  15. back here from WW naman! thanks for your prompt reply then, will try that tux soon! have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are beautiful drawings from your sons Sis Mai :-) They are very creative, good job boys :-) Visiting late from Wednesday Whites, hope that you can return your white visit too.

    http://www.sportyjess.com/who-wants-to-play-water-volleyball/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know drawing is creative artwork and we always try to depict the picture that we have in our imagination that makes the drawing more artistic and real.Kids always love drawing as it do not contain any complication.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ang cu cute namn ng mga drawing na yan! I love the cool drawing program!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!