Jan 5, 2012

Chicken Pox Peppered Christmas

First of all, I'd like to greet everyone a Happy New Year! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve celebration.

My last post was on December 23rd and so forgive me if I have to share our Christmas stories just now. Christmas and New Year came and just flew by for us. Sadly, my boys did not enjoy Christmas Day to the fullest. They did not go anywhere, because Sam and I had chicken pox a few days before Christmas and I had fever for a few days. Basti had to stay with the in-laws for the whole of the Christmas holiday to avoid getting infected with the virus. So it's just the two younger ones, Sam and Simon, who spent Christmas with us. 

A few days before symptoms of chicken pox set in, Sam was able to attend his first ever Christmas party. 


I'm so happy to see Sam enjoying so much in his first Christmas party without throwing any tantrums. Last year, he left early crying because he wanted to go home. He doesn't really like crowded places that much.

Christmas Eve, the kids opened their presents from uncles and aunts before going to sleep. You can see Sam with blisters on his face but he was still very happy and enthusiastic to open gifts. The look on his face is priceless.  Both the boys love the toys they got, their favorite being these two Transformers.


And here's Simon with his wacky poses. Hubby is concerned that he'll continue to do wacky poses as he grows up. LOL. 

Last, let me share with you some of the food that we ate on New Year's Eve, courtesy of my sister and hubby. I'm beginning to enjoy taking pictures of food. I love the presentation of that yellow gelatin. 


Overall, our Christmas and New Year holidays are not the best ones that we had as a family. But I am thankful still   because it was one of the most peaceful one I had yet. It was the most restful, too, obviously. It was good that we just stayed at home and just enjoyed each other's company. I'm so thankful that my boys are not demanding and are easily pleased by and are appreciative  of simple things. 

We're still dealing with chicken pox as of today. It's Basti and Simon's turn. It's great though that I'm already well enough to take care of them now. 

With the new year came a new look. That's why I have decided to change the look of our online diary here at MaiThreeBoyz. I so love our old layout, color and theme (that is so me) but my boys may want something more 'boyish'. So here goes. I hope you like our new design and color which is blue. 

May you all have a great year ahead!

Linking this to :

To the wonderful bloggers who host and participate in these memes, thank you for sharing your lives with us and for allowing us to share ours with you. Thank you for your visits and precious comments. 2011 was a wonderful year for me (I think, lol) and I hope it was the same for you. In 2012, may we all continue to grow and share and be blessed throughout the whole year too!

36 comments:

  1. ang cute naman ni baby ahaahhaha i love the wacky one! :) buti naman at nag enjoy sya :D ehhehe BElated merry Xmas and Happy New year to you and to your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mai, Belated Happy New Year to you and your fam :)

    Sad to hear that a grinch in the form of chicken pox tried to steal your Christmas, but by the looks of it, he failed anyway, because your kids had fun still! :) Hope you all get well soon.

    Visiting you back for Orange Tuesdays :)

    By the way, I'm inviting you to join this meme I'm starting in my new blog on Friday, Jan 6. It's called HAPPINESS IS... MEME. You can actually link this post up there :D

    Here is the link, please check it out:

    EXTRA ROOM FOR HAPPINESS

    HAPPINESS IS... MEME

    See ya there, ha? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, that is sad, anyway i am sure you still have a lot of christmas and new year to celebrate..visiting for OT, I hope you can visit my share at http://www.prettysinglemom.com/2012/01/one-fine-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from kids in doodles.
    the pictures show that they really enjoy the Holiday season. I hope you are all better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boys really love transformer, I love them too.
    Hope to see you at my site too and say what you think about re-starting my meme. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and sweet portraits, charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you Mai and your family. Your boys are growing so fast.

    visiting from {FLO}WW

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the visits and comments, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun-filled Christmas celebration. Returning the visit from Orange Tuesday, thank you for the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/01/my-son-gets-an-orange-ice-skate.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh. Belated HNY Ate Mai! :)

    Good thing chicken pox didn't succeed. Your boys sure had a blast! <3


    Visiting from WW.
    Here's my entry: Something I Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you and your boy Mai...

    Here for Happiness Is...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a happy celebration Tita. It's me again, peeking here while it's weekend. Thank you for joining Color Connection always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mai...May 2012 be a better year for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mai,

    Thanks for linking this up to Happiness Is... Meme!

    Hope to see you again next week ;)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and sweet portraits, charming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Mai! Happy New year!

    Hope you all get better quick.

    May the New Year be more exciting and better than the last!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos, yummy food..Happy New year!!

    Visiting for WW! Here's my share- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/01/wednesday-whites-betsy-the-dog.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. late visit this time from Wednesday Whites Sis, what a fun-filled event with the kids, am sure your son had a blast at the party :-) hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.kandhistools.com/a-white-angel-that-my-mother-in-law-gave-me/

    ReplyDelete
  19. visiting late from Wednesday Whites, thank you for the visit too. I do appreciate it.

    http://www.kandhistools.com/a-white-angel-that-my-mother-in-law-gave-me/

    ReplyDelete
  20. too bad chicken pox came at the most opportune time, but it is still a blessing that you were able to celebrate Christmas + New Year + had fun doing it, too!

    hope everyone's well by now. Thanks for joining K.I.D.

    love the new look, by the way, i bet your boys share the same sentiments! :) ~ jared

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mai! Belated Happy New Year. kawawa naman si Sam, at Christmas pa talaga nagka-chicken pox, di bale, nakapag-open naman ng gifts. thanks pala for greeting my Bogs in FB! thanks sa dalaw din.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Parang nakakahinayang i-cut yung gelatin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Muling nagbabalik dito Mai. Thanks for all your comments!

    HUgs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I came back to say that I am drooling over here just looking at the glorious foodies, Mai.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the visit!
    Hope you're better now.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, looks like a merry night! love the food sis. Hope to see you in my Color Connection entry 1 and 2!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wrong timing naman ang chicken pox, Mommy, but at least you were able to rest and still enjoy the holiday season. Happy 2012! Here's my MM entry: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2012/01/mommy-moments-cheap-finds-at-payless-shoesource.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Visiting this time Sis for Colorful Weekend :-) what a great celebration and great foods too. Hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.simplyjess.info/a-beaded-stretchable-bracelet/

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow! what a happy birthday indeed!
    happy new year to your family Mai!
    Thank you for joining Wednesday Whites!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi sis! how are you now? at least you're still able to celebrate Christmas & New Year despite your condition. Know what? I had chicken pox when I was 6 mos pregnant with my eldest daughter and it scared me to bits. So, for me, mas better if mgka chicken pox when the kids are still young. Pero sana wag naman Christmas ano?
    Oh, I'm quite intrigued with your yellow gelatin. ang cute kaya ;-)
    late visit from WW.

    ReplyDelete
  31. visiting again from Happiness is, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.mommies2ks.com/2012/01/366-8-blog-photo-challenge-student-of-the-month-award-for-our-son.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. ang kyut ng mga wacky photos! hahaha kulit lang.. ;)

    Late visit from Colorful Weekend..
    http://graceabonillo.net/2012/01/yzabels-late-christmas-loots

    ReplyDelete
  33. kids are cute! yummy the food..
    Thanks for joining OT 30th Edition. Hope you could join OT 32nd edition still open till Saturday..

    ReplyDelete
  34. may you have a blessed 2012! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nagbibinata na kasi ang binata mo sis hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  36. dropping by here again. i love your noche buena handa :) http://www.milestonesandmarvelings.com/2012/01/smiling-baby-orange-tuesdays/ visiting from OT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!