Nov 13, 2011

Christmas Lanterns in Las Pinas

Early this evening, Sam and I went to what is called in Las Pinas as Plaza Quezon. I love going to Plaza Quezon during this time of the year because of Christmas lanterns or parol that are made and sold there. Lanterns are available in many colors and are made out of a variety of materials -- paper, plastic, indigenous materials, capiz shells, etc. You can find lanterns ranging from P15 to P2500 or more.

When I saw this, I can't help thinking Ruby Tuesday, Mellow Yellow, Orange Tuesdays, Colorful Weekend Color Connection, Mommy Moments. LOL!


We bought just a small lantern that Kuya Basti can bring to school. It cost P60. I forgot how much the tulip shaped lanterns are but they're so beautiful. Sam was so willing to have his photo taken with these beautiful Christmas decors in the background.  This photo is his KID entry. 


They even have snowmen made of capiz shells. This one cost P2500. It's almost as tall as Sam. 
And this is for my Wednesday White. :)  The snowman's body is white but does not look so because of the lighting inside. 


You can see more of the Las Pinas Christmas Lanterns at my other blog HERE. But I still need to make a post there so I'm hoping by the time you drop by I've already done that. Hope you can also support our lantern makers in Las Pinas. If you're around the area or just passing by from Baclaran to Alabang or vice versa, do check them out. Plaza Quezon is just a few blocks away from the Las Pinas Bamboo Organ Church. Better to drop by during the evening so you could enjoy the lights, too. 

Thanks for the visit!
 There are great digikit freebies located at the sidebar under DIGISCRAPPIN'. 
Enjoy!

26 comments:

  1. Christmas lanterns and decors are now everywhere here in Pinas sis. It is such a delight to see such colorful ornaments anywhere you go these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice lanterns...reminds me to take off the dust of our old christmas lanterns and dress them up real soon...

    hope you can also visit my MM entry for this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the tulip lanterns too... It must be AWESOME seeing those colorful decorations...

    Good for you guys... we don't have those displays here in our place :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter wants to have a christmas lantern here at home. i didn't realize that you get one very cheap... sana meron din nyan dito sa amin!!

    anyway, meron ba yan yung ikaw yung gagawa? kasi gusto naming gawing crafts sana e

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow miss ko yung lanterns natin dyan sa Pinas, dito wala nyan...

    ReplyDelete
  6. almost everywhere we can see christmas lanterns .. advance merry christmas cute non tulip lanterns ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ang gaganda ng parol .iba iba kulay at shape .kakamiss naman ang pasko sa Pinas at mga batang nangangroling gabi gabi.pabalik balik pag binigyan sial ng pera at pag hindi naman ay kakantahan nila ng"thank you,thank you ,ang babarat ninyooooo"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those colorful lanterns! :)

    Visiting you from OT.
    Hope you can visit my OT entry and join my birthday giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful! Missed our very own colorful and lively Christmas parols so much! Thinking about home and Christmas at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I were there, I would surely take pictures of all the colors for the meme purposes. lol. Visiting from WW. Hope you can visit back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss ko na makakita ng mga parol...hayysss
    Only in he Philippines! :)

    Visiting from OT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss those Christmas lanterns:( Celebrating Christmas in Philippines is very much different...

    Visiting from WW!! Hope you can visit em too..

    http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2011/11/wednesday-whites-003-ralph-lauren-shoes.html

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2011/11/wednesday-whites-001-snowy-porch.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool! i love that lantern, maybe i can ask mum to get us one for our home, too :)

    thanks for joining K.I.D + i will see you again next week, right? : ~ Jared

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful Christmas lanterns :-) missed celebrating Christmas in the Philippines :-( Thank you for sharing :-) Dropping some love for Wednesday Whites, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.jessysadventure.com/2011/11/my-white-ge-mouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Christmas lanterns are so pretty. I missed celebrating Christmas in the Philippines :-( Thank you for sharing. Dropping some late love for Orange Tuesdays, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2011/11/a-post-card-from-the-dentist.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha! Joining the color meme bandwagon is fun, Mai. Sobrang pareho tayo ng iniisip pag may nakikitang different colors of cool items, hahaha!

    Cool lanterns. That's Pinoy's creativity and ingenuity at its best!

    Thanks for the visit at scottzprincess.net. I hope I am keeping up.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks fro joining mommy!
    love looking in those lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i soooo miss Christmas celebration the Pinoy way! i love those lanterns! I wish I could see some of those here in Thailand.. ;( nostalgic me! thanks for joining WW this week, mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Paskong-pasko na talaga dyan eh! Naka-miss naman! I can't forget how colorful it is there on Christmas time. Lanterns of any designs are everywhere. I realized how creative Pinoys are, really, kasi dito, walang mga lanterns eh. :)

    Dropping by for Mommy Moments!

    A Pedi for a Stressed Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super miss the Philippine holidays talaga! The lanterns in Pinas are so beautiful and I can't find them anywhere else. :)


    I'm here for my late WW rounds. I hope you don't mind! :)

    Lamp Posts and Philippine Flag
    Sheriff's Mug
    Where Are the Lovers?
    Nearing Home

    ReplyDelete
  21. back again for a visit, sis! thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awwwww...really really cute! miss ko ang parol natin sa pinas...ala kasi yan dito...d uso ang parol...ehhehee!

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww ang ganda sana kaso ang mahal naman ni Mr. Snowman :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!