Sep 7, 2011

My Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs of 2011



Today is the last day of submission for Ms. Janette Toral's Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs 2011 Writing ProjectLeave it to me to do this till the last day. I have been planning to submit my list early but I wanted to complete my list of ten. 

My life as a work at home mom is so hectic, more hectic than I ever imagined when I was working as a call center agent. Staying home was a choice to be with my kids. Back then, I thought that when I stay at home and look after the kids, I would have all the time in the world to blog and read all my favorite blogs, to sleep when I want to, to do the things I love to do. I was sooo wrong. I've had less sleep, more pressure, less Me time, less time to blog and even lesser time to blog hop. And when I took on an online job, it became worse. The pressure of earning and giving my 100% attention to my three boys is an ongoing conflict, because when I took in that job, I also took the deadlines and the commitment to deliver results. But you know what, it's all worth it. I'm closer to my kids now. They ran to me for anything, call my name for nothing, and it's the most fulfilling feeling ever to be with the kids and know everything that's going on in my house. 

Working at home is really both exhausting and exhilarating. Being a blogger, what I'm thankful about are the other mommy bloggers who I've come to know through memes and blog hops, Facebook and Twitter. Their blogs tell me that I am not alone and that it is okay to feel the the frustration I am feeling sometimes, that it is okay to brag about my kids, that it is okay to share my life to other people, that it is okay to give and receive from other people that I haven't even met in person. And as I go through other blogs, I learn through what they share and in return, I continue to hope that other people will learn from me as well. 

I am a mommy blogger and I'm proud of it. That said, it is only natural that 90% of my Top 10 would comprise of blogs authored my moms like me. Here's my list: 

1. The Pepperific Life: The Pepperific Life is actually the main reason why I wanted to join this writing project in the first place and so it's on the top of my list. Pepper is so honest with her situation about being a single mom and embraces single momhood to the fullest. She's an inspiration to all mommies and single parents out there. Very few in the Philippines have written about single parenthood and Pepper's doing it very well. I especially like her latest post Top 5 Single Mom Skills

2. The Bloggers Journal :  This blog talks about code, designs and layouts. It contains tips and tricks about making your blog more appealing. All these could be overwhelming to newbies but Willa has made all of it simple, easy to do and understand.This blog truly has influenced me a lot. I remember I read her post about putting borders on pictures and why it's important, and I started putting borders on my post images, too. She learned on her own and I guess, if she can do it, why can't I? Isn't that influence enough? 

3. LEVYousa:  This blog talks about her life as a woman, a wife and everything else under the sun. I like Levy a lot, and I love the way she's able to share her personal life, raves, rants and angst online in a positive way. Some blogs, they talk only about good things; some blogs are  too personal. In Levy's case, she's able to find a balance between the two . Her blog speaks of the author's pleasant disposition. 

4. The Tottering Mama A blog about parenting, I love this blog because of the different familiy activities, arts and crafts that Olga shares with her readers. 

5. Mom WritesThis is one of Mommy Rubz many blogs and it talks about her being a mommy to three little tots. I like the tag line Happy Thoughts and Happy Memories.

6. My Green Living Ideas.  With this blog, green is definitely in. From the color, layout and content, this blog gets two thumbs up from me. Going green does not have to be complicated, and can be applied in almost all aspects of our lives, only if we choose to.

7. My Painted Lips:  I think what I like about this blog is that it's simplicity. Any moms, like me, can relate to her blog posts about tips on lipstick and make-up and product reviews on brands that the average Filipinas are all familiar with.

8. My Notepad Corner: Mom Joy's site is full of household tips, life lessons and parenting tips and that's what I like about it. It's not just a personal family blog. Her posts are all well-written and very detailed. 

9. Mommy Survival Guide:  Like My Notepad Corner, this blog is full of tips on parenting. I find her posts relevant and very informative.  I love her post on Anger Management for moms. 


10. Certified Foodies:  Last but certainly not the least, Certified Foodies is also on my list. I became an avid fan of Mhel Ignacio because of her pinayonlinemoneymaker site. Certified Foodies is another great site where she was able to show another side of her personality. I'm not a food blogger but I do love to eat and cook and because of Mel's sparkling presence (she'll laugh, I know) in the blogosphere, I find myself visiting Mel and brother Ken's site from time to time. I love that they are able to make simple and ordinary food seems so delicious and appealing and their food posts caters to people from   all walks of life. 


So these are the blogs I am nominating for the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2011. This may be the same list that you've been seeing for weeks now. The one who started this list deserves to be awarded the most influential blogger award. :). Have I been influenced? Yes. Half of this list are blogs I have been reading even before this writing project started. Half of them I found through others who nominated them. I believe that all of these blogs deserves to be in the Top 10. These blogs are wonderful, but what's even more beautiful are the people behind these blogs. 

Thanks to these generous sponsors for making this writing project possible:

7 comments:

  1. I posted my Top 10 like last month. I thought until August lang ang submission so minadali ko. Haha! Anyway, good luck to all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mai. Kindly edit your blog post and add a link to the writing project page http://www.influentialblogger.net/p/join-top-10-emerging-influential-blogs.html Kindly do this on or before September 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mai. I just included your entry in the raffle masterlist. Hope to see you on September 13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ms. janette! i'm so glad i'm included. i may not be able to attend though on sept 13. I will try to be there but i cannot commit. thanks po!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Sparkling talaga?! Hahaha. Thank you so much for the support, sis Mai. *hugs* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. no problem, mhel! you deserve the award!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!