Jun 5, 2011

The Universal Pain Assessment Tool

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. I would be on a self imposed blogging leave until maybe the third half June or until I can't anymore resist the temptation of sharing another post or joining another meme, whichever comes first. Not that anyone will miss me but just thought I'd let you know, those who visit me and for those who I visit regularly during memes. 

The opening of classes will keep me busy for many days to come as I will be adjusting to the challenge of having now two students at home, a pre-schooler and a fourth grade student. And aside from taking care of these two students of mine, I have another little boy who will keep me at my wit's end during my spare time, not to mention that I have an online job that I need to concentrate on. 

For this schoolyear, I am committing to be a better mentor and guide to my two older boys. Yup, that's better said than done. I want to better than I was last year, anyhow. I want to be able to check every assignment, and have that regular and scheduled    review sessions. Really, really, really wish me luck, hahaha.

I will leave you with this image that I got from the old chest (lumang baul, lol). 


I hope this will be helpful to moms and other people who find it hard to answer the question "On a scale of one to ten, how painful is it?" And I've been asked this many times because of my migraine, and I always answer 10, hahaha. It's unbearable. But my pain is not your pain, and my pain is different from yours, because I have very low level of pain tolerance. But that's another story. 

That's it for now. Have a great day, stay dry and be safe, everyone! 


6 comments:

  1. same here... i might not be online most of the time by the second half of june, i will be giving birth in about two or three weeks! excited! and my little boy is off to school again tomorrow... good luck to us mommies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this tool before when I was admitted in the hospital because of stomach upset. So far it was the most painful experience I have. I was rated 6. That's pretty high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the Pain Assessment Tool is still inaccurate especially for over-acting people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mai,
    Just curious: Which facility did this tool come from? I see it says UCLA, but I can't find it online. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi kristie. I believed i scanned this from an old workshop material that I attended. i was not able to give credit because I cut out this piece here a few years ago and forgot about it. it was only in 2011 that i found it again and decided to share. i think this comes from a packet given by a multivitamins company or a pain medication company. I really can't remember anymore.

      the cited website has been moved and if you're looking for pain assessment tools for kids, here's what i found at the new site:
      http://www.anes.ucla.edu/uclapainmanagement_ratingscales.php

      Delete
  5. Mai, hello.
    Just curious which facility uses this tool. I see UCLA on the bottom…is that it?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!