May 25, 2011

Kids In Doodles #4: Finally Some Doodles

 

I've searched for weeks for some of my boys' past artworks but couldn't find any, not even photos of them. They're just here in the house somewhere. I just could find the time to dig through old stuff in the room upstairs. Good thing, while browsing through our December pics, I saw this photo of Simon and his  slates. 


I was window shopping for Christmas presents in a nearby mall when I saw these slates. A pair only cost around P50, a little over a dollar, and complete with the markers. Sam and Simon had fun with these slates but lost interest within a few hours. I didn't know which came first, the pens running out of ink or the pens being disassembled. 

This is one of Simon's first set of doodles. Now, he can draw a face that has circles as mouth nose and eyes. He can also draw a body made of sticks, (with arms, hands, legs and feet.) 

This is my entry for this week's 
(Yeah I know, it's Wednesday already...)

7 comments:

  1. Wow.. my kids are also fond of slates. and yes, only for an hour.. after that.. sira na naman..

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he got his own writing spot and he might leave the wall alone. :)

    Thanks for joining Kids In Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best thing about educational stuff for kids, they come in different things and at cheap buys...thanks for the visit via doodle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like he really enjoy what his doing. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nostalgic naman ang slates,fave ko rin yan nung kabataan ko.My kids don't like slates though..

    Thanks for dropping by,sistah^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. from KIDs mommy..

    i am excited that Iris can hold na pencil and do that too..

    http://irisjoehanna.blogspot.com/2011/05/bookworm-iris.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Simon! My late KID entry is up! Hope you can still drop by and comment. BTW, come join us at Messy Go Round meme. Thanks and see you around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!