Nov 24, 2010

Breaking the Friday Habit

Just to break off the habit of becoming a Friday blogger, haha, let me share with you some things this early Wednesday morning.

First, my Facebook status for today:
Since I became a SAHM and started earning a living online, I begun to understand how much a US dollar really costs. I begun to equate the US dollar not only to its Peso equivalent, but to the time it takes me away from my boys. A dollar earned could mean a few minutes, half an hour, an hour or maybe even more (depending on the difficulty of the task) spent away from them. Now most of the time, I think in terms of dollar, of what it can buy and  do for me and my boys. I don't earn that much because I only work when the kids are asleep or not around, but believe me, every US cent counts. I begun to think like this, "How much is this kilo of rice? Or the pedicab fare? It's almost a dollar. A dollar  that I worked for, or 30 minutes or so of my time spent away from Simon or Sam or Basti."  
          Exaggerated ba? Can't help it. 
So, I guess, this is what our OFWs feels and so much more. So for us here, left behind, why don't we think in dollars. Because when it's converted to peso, it seems like it's too much or so much that it's easier to spend. 
So this Facebook status, due to character limit,  was just converted to this:
started earning online & I understood how much a US $ really costs. Now, I equate the US $ not only to its PhP equivalent but to the mins & hrs it takes me away from my boys. I begun to think in $, of what a $ can buy & do for me and my boys. I guess, this is what our OFWs feels and so much more. So for us left behind, why don't we think in $, 'coz when it's converted to peso, it seems like it's too much. 
I wish I could say more on Facebook status. So glad I have a blog.

On to the next topic:

I'm excited about Saturday because my all-time favorite kids' show will be returning back on air. What else but BATIBOT! Hooray! When I was a kid, I never missed an episode of Batibot.

I wish they still have Pong Pagong. 


I have already set the alarm for 8:30 Saturday morning and am all set to switch the channel to ABC 5.

It's something to look forward to. My bestfriend's sister and nephew will have a mom-and-son role in one of the segments. Can't wait to see them on Batibot.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, Pong and Kiko won't be in the new Batibot due to licensing aspect (with Sesame Street). But still I'll let my kids watch it. thanks for the comment in my blog :D see ya round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga, sayang. let's just hope our kids will like the new Batibot as much as we liked the old one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!