Apr 1, 2010

Cooking Lessons for Basti this Summer

Two weeks ago Basti asked me  if  I could teach him how to cook.  I said, "Great! Okay, what would you like to cook?"  He said "Uhm, fried eggs (sunny side up, his favorite), adobo , and  fried chcicken". And of course, he also wants to learn how to cook rice.

I am happy that he's having the initiative to learn all these things. He's fast becoming a big brother now. So for this summer one of the things that we can add to our list of things to do is Cooking Lessons. We could do this on a weekly basis not daily so that it will not seem like a chore to him. Food and cooking has always been a source of bonding moments with the boys and their Papa. They usually cook midnight snacks together. And now, I'm glad it will be my turn.

There are so many things to do this summer and I'm always on the lookout for summer activities for the kids. Last summer, we set up a mini sari-sari store at the front of our house with goods catering to the kids in the neighborhood. During the afternoons that summer, Basti acted as the storeowner, and was happy about it because all the customers were kids.

I'm happy that Paula, one of my favorite WAHMs has set up her meme on 101 Ways to Keep Kids Busy This Summer. I'll always be heading to her site to check on fun and inexpensive activities for the boys this summer.







2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great idea! I hope we can sell things too so Z will know the value of money and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, thanks for joining my meme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!