Feb 21, 2010

Wanting to be a SAHM/ WAHM

Yesterday, Basti and I were supposed to go to the Bisolvon's Supermom Event at Fun Ranch. I was really excited to go because first, we have never been to Fun Ranch before, and my friend Krizzie says it's a super fun place especially for kids and for kids at heart (like me! ). Second, I was also hoping that I can take Basti with me because we haven't spent quality time together as mom and child for quite some time now. The past few weeks had been very hectic and the only bonding activity we had done so far is playing Farmville, Fishville, Cafe World and Happy Island at Facebook. This SuperMom event would be great opportunity for us to bond. I wouldn't want to go if I could not take him with me. I've been going to mommy events and bloggers' event alone and I don't want to do that anymore, because having my kids without me to share the fun lessens the enjoyment I'm feeling. After all, this is our blog, and it's supposed to be about us and not me alone, right? It's just seemed then to be such a hassle for everyone for us to meet at an event when I'd be coming from work and they'd be coming from home. For yesterday's event, I asked for a 4-hour leave so I go home and pick Basti up before we head for the event. I was really praying for the approval of that leave so we can go to Fun Ranch. 

But I guess, it was not meant to be. As I was about to go to work Friday night, my mother said she's not feeling well. That means she won't be able to take care of Baby Simon the entire night. She was feeling slightly dizzy. I have no choice but to stay home. How could I leave her alone with a one-year-old and an 8-year-old in her condition?  I feel sorry for my mom, that she has to take care of her apo at her age, but at this point, in our financial situation, there’s no other alternative. So, stay at home I did. And the intense longing to be a SAHM or WAHM surfaced again. While the kids were sleeping, I went online and spent night searching for other possibilities. I read and read other SAHM's blog. I learned, financially, it wouldn't be easy. But I know I can do it. I just need to lay the foundations first before I can totally go all out and leave my call center job. I still have so many things to learn, to discover, but I'm going to start now. 

So by morning, I didn't have the energy anymore to go to Bisolvon's Supermom event.  I wish I have the courage to leave my job and just work at home, like other WAHMs did. 

Anyway, if you wanna know what went on at the SuperMom event, you might want to visit Pehpot's  site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!