Feb 8, 2010

Migraine Monday

Today is Monday. And as usual, as scheduled, I'm having my usual migraine attack. What makes it worse is that it feels like I'm also coming down with a flu. Sam is not feeling well either. He has fever, since yesterday afternoon. I will take him to the doctor later on today. It irritates me that when my child needs me ,I am not at my best. This should all be easy if I don't have migraine today. Plus, I have to worry about tonight's shift. Will I be well enough to make it to work tonight?

Yes, being a parent is not easy. When we became parents, our life cease to be our own. Our time, our energy, our resources become our partner's and our kids' as well. And yes our health. We need to be healthy, not only for ourselves, but for our kids as well. So that we will have the energy for our kids when they need us. I have been a bad parent I know. There were so many instances in our lives that I was not there, or had not given my best, when my kids needed me, because I was not feeling well. There were events and outings I was not able to attend. My kids are lucky that they have their father who's always there for us, and who's always present, always on the go, and who never seem to get tired. And now, I realize that I can't be selfish anymore. I can't be like this anymore. I have to make that change.For my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!