Jan 17, 2010

For the past few days, 3 days of vacation leave to be exact, I have been a full time mom. Yes, there’s no such thing as a part time mom, but you know what I mean.   My mother, who takes care of Simon everyday, went home for a few days to take care of my youngest sister. She had a cyst taken out. We really hope and pray that the mass taken out is not cancerous.  That’s all we can do for now, pray and have faith.

It could have been a wonderful 5 day vacation (including weekend) taking care of the kids  but I got  a migraine attack on the very first day of my VL and it never let up till Saturday evening. I’m feeling much better now, but I wouldn’t know if I’ll feel the same way tomorrow. I usually have migraines on Monday. As I have commented on a post regarding cluster migraine, mine is like it’s scheduled.  I haven’t had one for a long time since I followed my doctor’s advice to rest after work before doing anything else. I hate my migraines, especially so that I hate taking meds, and it hinders me from fulfilling my duties as a mom, and prevents me from doing things and going places with my boys.
 
So Sam stayed with my in-laws for a few days, because I cannot take care of 3 rowdy (but fun!) boys alone under one roof at the same time while I have a head splitting headache that wouldn’t go away. He just went home Friday afternoon.

Sans the migraine, I still love my three-day vacation. Although the last few days left me exhausted, and though my temper flared a lot of times, it’s great to have more bonding moments with the kids. It’s great to go to sleep beside them (although most of the time, I drift off to sleep first and husband watches over them). The kids are like Energizers. They can stay up till midnight when they want to. Which is almost every night.  Poor hubby! For the last few days, I’ve been waking up early morning around 4 to prepare breakfast. It’s great to watch them as they sleep, all three of them. It’s great to see Simon’s smile the minute he open his eyes  as if saying Hello world, I’m back! It’s great to hear Basti talks in his sleep.  And to see Sam reaching out to his best friend Jollibee as he awakes and falls back to sleep. These are the simple pleasures that I miss  every day being a call center agent working nights.

Being a full time mom to three little boys entails a lot of patience and stamina. I salute all the SAHM’s and WAHM’s out there. How do you do it? It is also  at times like this that I began to appreciate more  the people around me who help me raise my kids  and take care of my boys for me  as if they are their own (my mom, my in-laws, and our MaTess) . How do they do it?   They’ve been very patient with my kids, when I on the other hand, lose my temper most of the time, haha. I guess the answer to my questions is simple. The answer is Love.  My boys are blessed with so many people loving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit! I appreciate all your comments!