Jun 18, 2009

Mommy Events in the Merry Month of May


I was so busy the month of May that I was not able to post anything on my blog. I even forgot to make my scrap calendar for May. Here it is now. This is Basti and Sam on their first studio picture when they were 1 and 5 years old.



I attended so many mommy events and these events took up most of my Saturdays. This "fascination" which is becoming an addiction started when I chanced upon “Mommy Power" in Megatrade Hall one Saturday morning. I love going to trade fairs. I developed the habit of going to trade fairs and exhibits when I started working for a Japanese government agency that had direct contacts with local exporter and farm producers. So every now and then, I visit Megatrade Hall, and it is in one of these visits that I saw Mommy Power. It was the first time I attended a Parenting Seminar and I got overwhelmed with the wealth of information that I learned and with the tons of goodies and freebies that I got. The Mommy Power booths have so many activities and freebies to offer. And then I got so many goodies from the almost 3- hour seminar. There were so many freebies that I had a hard time going home, and was laughing hysterically when I got home as I imagined how I look lugging all those bags. I had to buy a HealthToday magazine and MomToday for P100 to gain entrance but it was all worth it. I even won a bagful of cotton balls which was really great because we needed that for the baby Simon. It took us 2 months to consume this bagful of cotton.

I enjoyed Mommy Power so much that I swore I'll go again and I'll take all of my friends with me, hahaha. The Monday after that, I search online for all mommy events in town. The next Saturday of May my officemate and I went to Expo Mom, an event sponsored by MommyPages. There were lot of booths supporting the MommyPages advertisers and there were speakers for attachment parenting, giving kids proper nutrition, and other topics. There were magic show, balloon show, and circus act, and a musicale for the kids. It's an all-day event for the family. It's kinda sad if you go there and you don't have the kids with you. I love the Baby Johnson Booth where a demo on bathing a baby was shown. I learned that the old way of testing the water with the elbow has been replaced with testing the water with the palm of the hand. Nestle also had a booth where we bought Nestle Cerelac Gold Prunes. For some reason, I can't find the Cerelac Gold anywhere. Need to contact Nestle. Simon loves it!

And then, the 3rd Saturday of May, (May 16, 2009) I went to Mommy Academy 17th Pregnancy and Baby Series at the Dusit Thani. I like Mommy Academy. They have been around for quite sometime. When I was pregnant with Sam, I wanted to go to one of their seminars, but was not able to because of my work sched. This time around, I made it a point to work out my sched so I could attend. It was a good thing that I did, because I learned so many things. I like the fact that most of the speakers were medical doctors. The topics were Do’s and Don’ts of Pregnancy and What to do during your Baby’s First Year. Although I have 3 kids already and though I know already what I needed to know, I gained so much more info. There was a talk on common misconceptions, facts and myths re childcare set by our elders. I love teacher Claudette’s parenting talk. I got to take home some freebies too! I won gift package from Playtex Baby which I know is quite expensive.

The last week of May, I took a rest but went online and searched for mommy and parenting websites. I found so many that I have to choose only the best ones. So you see the links at the sidebar. I love being a part of the community of mommies who goes online and share experience with other mommies. Although I have yet to share one, I'm glad to know that there are other mommies out there that are as anxious as I am. And when I need an answer to my question, at least now I know where to find them.

Mommy Academy will hold their 33rd Pedia Talk Live! “Parental Guidance” on July 4, 2009 (Saturday) at the Dusit Thani. I don't know when the next Mommy Power event is but I'll be sure to buy MomsToday and HealthToday to check. I think it's going to be sometime in August, also in Megatrade Hall. I'm just guessing though, hope I'm right. We mommies need more of these events!